Constructed in 1843 for the Free Church, Wrangholm Kirk consists of a main nave and chancel in simple symmetrical rectangular form.The architect was Andrew Hinshel Wood of Wishaw. The church sits in a large graveyard.
Upper floor balcony on three sides supported on cast ironcircular columns with traditional pews to balcony. Attractive stained glass rose window over the chancel, 5 gothic arched windows to either flank,3 to the front. Standard dual pitch slate roof. Main elevation has stone octagonal pilasters with short spires to each front corner, projecting stone gothic arched portico and elegant stone belfry.
Major alterations were undertaken in 2012 to provide new underfloor heating, a reduction in the size of the sanctuary to allow two new meeting rooms to be installed under the rear balcony, a new entrance with glass doors was formed and new seating to replace downstairs pews.
Sunday 11.30 am
Open by arrangement
No gallery images available.
Contact Wrangholm Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.