Woodlands Methodist Church, Glasgow
Address: 229 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, G3 6LW
Local Authority: Glasgow
Built for Swedenborgians by David Barclay 1909 and in use by the Methodists since 1977. A wide stair leads to the church. Organ 1876 from Cathedral Street Swedenborgian Church, originally built by Forster & Andrews and augmented with pipes from the Willis organ at St John’s, Sauchiehall Street. Windows by Guthrie & Wells and George Benson, and war memorial window from St John’s.
Open by arrangement
Contact Woodlands Methodist Church, Glasgow.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.