Whitburn South Parish Church

Whitburn South Parish Church

Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Manse Road , Whitburn , EH47 0DH
Local Authority: West Lothian
Listing: B
WEBSITE

 

Church Overview

In its present form dating from 1729, the walls house a modern interior of the 1950s, the result of a fire. Cruciform and typically Georgian, though some earlier architectural features are evident. The graveyard is host to several local notables and is the last resting place of Robert Burns’s eldest daughter, Elizabeth Paton (dear ‘Bought’ Bess) who married John Bishop, the overseer at Polkemmet Estate.

Services

Sunday: 11.00am all year; 1st Sunday September to May 6.00pm; 1st Sunday in June 3.00pm

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement

Access for partially abled  Induction loop for the deaf  toilets available

Image Gallery

Click image to open gallery.

Whitburn South Parish Church

Contact Whitburn South Parish Church.

6 + 8 =

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.