Westruther Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Westruther, TD3 6NE
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
The present church, 1840 by John Smith, was built alongside the earlier church, 1649, now a ruin. A plain box of whin with sandstone rubble walls. A carved wooden font of 1908 incorporates a stone font from Bassendean Chapel and the pewter bowl from the old church. Arts & Crafts stained glass windows of 1896 and 1900 and a modern window of 1966.
11.30 am on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month
Open by arrangement
Contact Westruther Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.