Designed by David Cousin and built in 1840, with the spire being added in 1855. The clock 1856 was the gift of Miss Frances Ann Wood. The interior was completely gutted by fire in 1912 and replaced by a new chancel, designed by John Keppie, with four stained glass windows, a new organ and seating for 1,144.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.