The present building, seating 600, was erected in 1860 to replace the 1752 Meeting House. The congregations have been part of the Secession of 1733, going through United Presbyterian and United Free Churches until joining the Church of Scotland in 1929. Interior largely as constructed, though the window of the creation story behind the pulpit is a modern intervention by Christian Shaw.
Sunday: 10.00 am January to June; 11.30 am July to December
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.