Tweedmouth Memorial Chapel, Inverness
Address: Royal Northern Infirmary , Inverness , IV3 5SS
Local Authority: Highland
Earliest example of purpose-built ecumencial worship space in Scotland, built in 1898, architect A Ross and R B MacBeth. Erected by subscription in memory of Sir Dudley Marjoribanks, 1st Baron Tweedmouth by his widow. Cruciform chapel linked to the south gable of the main Infirmary building by a corridor. Paired and tripled lancet windows, oak furnishings. Three sanctuary areas for Reformed, Roman Catholic and Episcopalian worship.
Occasional services, weddings and baptisms
Keys available from Hospital Porters
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.