This red sandstone church, rebuilt in 1771 and altered in the Gothic style by James Barbour in 1887, has a simple rectangular shape, a horseshoe gallery, two entrance porches, a memorial vestry (1954) and a corbelled birdcage belfry. Interesting memorials, notably to Covenanting Minister John Blackadder and two posthumous VCs. Four stained glass memorial windows from the former Laurieknowe Church.
Sunday: 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.