Torosay & Kinlochspelve church was built in 1783 with repairs and alteration in 1828, 1832. The entrance porch was added in 1967 and the kitchen was added to the vestry in 1982. The church is a plain Georgian kirk with white harled walls, Two external staircases to the lofts, arch-headed windows and a slate roof with a bird-cage belfry atop the east gable. The interior is simple but dignified with pitch-pine pews, pulpit and communion table and plain white walls. There are two galleries at the east and west ends. The building has a warm and loving feeling. The Roman Catholic Church conducts its service at 3.00 pm in the summer months and 5.00 pm in the winter.
Sunday 12 noon.
Open at all times
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.