Tomintoul Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street , Tomintoul , AB37 9HA
Local Authority: Moray
Originally built as one of Thomas Telford’s Parliamentary Churches, Tomintoul Church opened for worship in 1827. John Robertson of Inverness substantially remodelled the church in 1898-1900 giving it a new elevation with freestone buttresses and pinnacles and a new full-height porch. The new Gothic interior has attenuated timber columns supporting perimeter vaulting to a flat plaster ceiling with open tracery timber trusses. There is an attractive wooden reredos behind the Communion Table installed in 1911. A small pipe organ by E F Walcker & Co was installed in 1903 and completely renovated by Walcker & Co in 2009.
Sundays 11.15 am.
Open most days during daylight hours or by arrangement
Contact Tomintoul Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.