Tomdoun Church was built by the Glengarry Estate around 1865 as a Mission Chapel to serve the needs of the visitors to and residents of upper Glen Garry. Simple T-plan church in stone with slate roof. The interior is simple with unplastered stone walls and a timber roof. The peace and setting of the church are much valued by visitors. The adjacent Tomdoun Hotel was for years an important staging post for drovers and travellers and the remains a popular focal point for trout fishermen, stalkers, hill walkers and casual visitors to the Glen.
3 pm on second Sunday of month
Contact Tomdoun Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.