A plain rectangle with bell-finialled birdcage bellcote built in 1769 on the foundations of an earlier medieval church. Four stained glass windows by Gordon Webster. Interior, with fine hammerbeam roof, has the matching pews arranged to form a central aisle. Chancel area furnished in oak with octagonal pulpit, pedestal font, communion table and Minister’s and Elders’ chairs. Session Room added 2000. Covenanters’ Monument in graveyard. Striking views over Nithsdale.
Sundays: 9.45am or 11.15am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.