The present church dates from 1632, though the site has been a place of worship from the Middle Ages onwards. The church was remodelled and enlarged in 1789 to designs by James Scobie, made T-plan in 1808 and the interior refurnished in 1874. The present interior is little altered since that date. The graveyard contains many monuments of interest, in particular the exceptional memorial to James Ritchie, displaying his curling equipment and the recumbent figure of his bull. Transferred to the ownership of Historic Churches Scotland in 2001.
Occasional services, weddings and funerals by arrangement. For arranging services, please telephone Historic Churches Scotland on 0131 563 5135.
Open by arrangement, tel 0131 563 5135
Contact Tibbermore Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.