Thornhill Parish Church
Address: Manse Road, Thornhill, DG3 5ER
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Gothic church with round-headed windows, 1841, designed by William Burn. Simple rectangular-plan with a 4-stage square tower toppped with a corbelled open parapet. The low vestry at the north-east angle was added by James Barbour, 1904.
The interior has a horseshoe gallery with panelled front on cast-iron columns. Leaded windows in east gable, including one by Ballantine and Gardner. Romanesque font of 1887.
Sunday: 11.30 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.