Designed by Adam Russell and built in 1796, this is the third church on this site, the first of which served for a period as Cathedral of the Diocese of the Isles. Remodelled by John Russell Thomson in 1905-6 with U-plan gallery, pitch-pine dado and oak pulpit flanked by organ pipes. Eight stained glass windows by Stephen Adam and D Hamilton. A new Church Centre (adjoining the existing Church building) has recently been constructed.
During summer (until 30th September), the Church sanctuary is open daily from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. During winter open most Mondays 10.00 a.m. – 12.00 noon (enter by lower side-door), when a Koffee Klub usually takes place.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.