A landmark, known as ‘Old Steeple’. The Steeple Church dates from 1788 and was designed by Samuel Bell. The bright, colourful appearance of the sanctuary and the Welcoming Hall derives from the renovations carried out at the time of the congregation’s bicentenary in 1989 and again in 2011-12. Entry through 15th-century St Mary’s Tower or middle corridor.
Sunday service 10.30 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.