Memorial to Robin Tudsbery, killed in the last days of the Second World War; designed by Architect John F Matthew, 1950; originally at the centre of a housing complex for war-wounded service personnel and their families. Beautiful church in arts and crafts style. Peaceful and secluded interior enhanced by stone capitals carved by Maxwell Adam; wood carvings by Thomas Good and wrought-iron work by James Finnegan. Finely detailed stained glass by Sadie McLellan, depicting scenes from John Bunyan’s “Pilgrim’s Progress” and restored 2005. This ecumenical chapel is open to all. Professional choir and the Chaplain sing Choral Evensong every Sunday at 4.00 pm. All welcome.
Choral Evensong sung every Sunday at 4.00 pm
Open by arrangement
Contact The Robin Chapel
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.