Tarbat Church (Portmahomack)
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Well Street, Portmahomack, IV20 1YD
Local Authority: Highland
Simple rectangular former United Free Church building, architects Andrew Maitland & Sons 1908. Tarbat Discovery Centre (former Tarbat Old Parish Church) has displays of church and archaeology, including Pictish stones, and place for private prayer in crypt. Adjacent archaeological dig ongoing.
Please ask for key at Village Shop (50m), shop hours only
Contact Tarbat Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.