Strathkinness Church was opened in 1864. A large stone-built hall-church with a belfry on the gable top. The round-headed windows have white-painted margins and Y-tracery. The hall, to the rear of the church, was built in 1995. The interior is light with pale walls and timber pews. The pulpit was moved from the centre of the east wall to the north-east corner. Two stained glass windows from St Salvator’s Chapel were donated by the University of St Andrews in 1956. The present Prestige 50 electric organ was installed in 2008.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.