Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Waterside Road, Strathdon, AB36 6UX
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire Council
The church was designed by the architect James Matthews and is date 1853. It was listed Cat B in 1984 (LB16183). It has a cruciform plan with a three stage tower and a broach spire to the north east. The masonry consists of coursed, squared and snecked rubble with contrasting dressings and long and short margins, much of which has been repaired using cement based mortars over the years. The E and W gables have large 3-light traceried windows, diamond pattern leaded glazing pattern.
Used for occasional services
Access by arrangement. Contact keyholder Mr George Gordon on 01975 651263.
Contact Strathdon Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.