19th century red granite stone church with spire. B listed building built in 1876 by Wardrop and Reid. Former church ruins C1660 by John Paterson nearby. The church houses an especially good organ, Ingram and co 1905. Stained glass window, 1912, by J. Ballantine, Edinburgh. The 1967 window is from the studio of William Wilson – he had been an apprentice and then a designer at Ballantine’s. Wilson himself was blind by this time so the window was probably the work of his designer John Blyth.
Open daily by arrangement. Please contact the property convenor on 01578 760 241
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.