One of the oldest churches in the Borders, and standing on the site of a 6th-century church reputedly founded by St Kentigern (St Mungo). Comprising nave, sanctuary and tower, the latter rebuilt from first-floor level, probably 16th century. Major restoration in 1863, John Lessels. North aisle chapel restored in 1929, James Grieve. A new stone floor laid and a meeting room formed at first-floor level of the tower in 1991.
Open during daylight hours
Contact this church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.