Stanley Parish Church
Address: King Street, Stanley, PH1 4ND
Local Authority: Perth & Kinross
Built by local mill owners the Buchanan family as a Chapel of Ease for Stanley Mill workers. The Georgian Gothic church of 1828 seated 1,000. It was adapted in 1962 and incorporated a new pew arrangement. The halls which are below the sanctuary were refurbished in 1997. The vestibule houses the war memorial. The site is floodlit by night.
Sunday 11.30am except last Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.