Congregation’s first service held in an air raid shelter of a local garage in 1940. Thereafter a local shop was occupied at 38 Stamperland Crescent before a hall church was built in 1941 (now hall of church). Present modern building erected 1964, architect J Thompson King & Partners. Concrete bell-tower. Three stained glass windows by Gordon Webster, previously in Woodside Parish Church. Pipe organ 1897 by Lewis & Co of Brixton and earlier in Regent Place United Presbyterian Church, Dennistoun, Glasgow. Furnishings include items from 1938 Glasgow Empire Exhibition Church. Bas-relief of mythical pelican on outside wall.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.