The church and presbytery were designed and completed in 1844, architect Thomas Mackenzie of Elgin. Dedication in recognition of the financial support by the younger brother of Sir William Drummond of Grantully who took the name Sylvester on converting to Catholicism. Lady altar 1915, by R B Pratt. Sanctuary altered 1968 in keeping with the new liturgy. Major alterations to church and adjoining school 2000 to form sacristy and meeting rooms, by Ashley Bartlam Partnership. Large cross by the monks of Pluscarden.
Saturday Vigil 7.00pm; Sunday 11.45am
Open by arrangement
Contact St Sylvester's, Elgin.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.