Founded by Daniel Gallagher, famous as ‘the priest who taught David Livingstone Latin’. Built in Gothic style in 1858 by Charles O’Neill as St Peter’s, renovated in 1956 by Gillespie, Kidd & Coia. Extensively refurbished 2005-08. Marble altar has a panel by Mortimer depicting Christ comforted by His Mother. Used by the Polish community since the Second World War.
Saturday 6.00pm (Polish), Sunday 10.00 (English), 12noon (Polish), 6.00pm (English)
Open daily 8.00am-6.00pm
Contact St Simon's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.