The church, designed by Walter R Watson, was opened in 1907 to cater for the mainly Irish immigrants who had come to settle in the area. Nearby there had been a chapel to St Roch built in 1506 but it was one of the casualties of the Reformation. The red-brick façade features a large window over the paired doors. Clerestory windows light the interior. Alterations were carried out in 1999 to enhance its simplicity and beauty.
Saturday Vigil 5.30 pm, Sunday 9 and 11.45 am, Weekdays 10 am
Open on schooldays 9 am – 3.15 pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.