St Peter's & St Andrew's Church, Thurso
Address: Princess Street, Thurso, KW14 7BQ
Local Authority: Highland
Built in 1832 to a design by William Burn, the church is the centre point of the town, fronted by the town square garden and war memorial. Substantial Gothic building with buttressed walls and a tall square tower. Impressive U-plan gallery. Pipe organ, Norman & Beard 1914. Stained glass includes ‘The Sower’ by Oscar Paterson 1922.
11.00am each Sunday, and 6.30pm on 1st Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
Contact St Peter's & St Andrew's Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.