Regarded as Robert Lorimer’s most innovative design, St Peter’s was built in two stages: 1906-7 and the nave completed 1928-9. A tall square Italianate campanile watches over a welcoming courtyard. Sculpture on the apse of ‘The Crucifixion’ by Joseph Hayes. The towering nave in white-washed brick is lit by six tall windows. Stained glass by Morris and Gertrude A Meredith Williams, Nina Millar Davidson, and Pierre Fourmaintraux. Lead font with fish motif by G P Bankart.
Sunday 11.30 am
Weekdays 9.00 am
Holidays of Obligation 9.30 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.