The church of St Peter & St Boniface is housed in the former Mackerchar Hall, a volunteeer drill hall designed by John Robertson, 1881. Built of the local pink sandstone, it is Italianate in style, with round-headed windows in threes for the hall and a Venetian window in the first floor of the two-storey entrance wing. The interior has a simple dignity with the altar raised above the drill hall floor. St Peter & St Boniface is next to the 14th century ruins of Fortrose Cathedral, dedicated to St Peter. St Boniface founded the first cathedral in Ross at Rosemarkie in the 7th century.
Saturday Vigil – 5.00 pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.