St Olaf’s was opened by Bishop Suthers on St Olaf’s Day (29 July) 1876. It is an imposing building of dressed stone, compact and with high timbered ceilings like a ship. Complete scheme of stained glass with windows by Heaton, Butler & Bayne, James Ballantine & Son and Ballantine & Gardiner, with the east window of the Ascension being the centrepiece. Stone credence and aumbry taken from the first St Olaf’s church built in the 9th century. Organ by G M Holdich 1881.
Sunday Family Communion 10.00am
Open in summer 10.00am-5.00pm; at other times by arrangement
Contact St Olaf's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.