The oldest post-Reformation Catholic church still in use in Scotland. At the request of the Duke of Gordon 1755, built to resemble a sheep-cot in days when it was still an offence to celebrate Mass. Renovated 1957, Ian Lindsay, architect, the long low whitewashed building is still ‘a church in disguise’.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.