Built by Robert Rowand Anderson in 1868 in French Gothic style. Tower with peal of eight bells added in 1930. Richly decorated interior with oak chancel screen and elaborately carved Austrian oak north porch screen. West porch screen 1996 of light oak and engraved glass by James Anderson. Alabaster and mosaic reredos against encaustic tiling. Organ originally by August Gern, foreman to Cavaille-Coll. Fine sculpted west portal nave and chancel capitals. Good stained glass by Clayton & Bell, Shrigley & Hunt, Adam & Small, and Barraud & Westlake, with five windows by C E Kempe including fine rose window in west façade.
Sunday 8.00am, 9.30 am, 10.15am and 6.30pm; Tuesdays 10.30am; Wednesdays 7.30pm.
Check the website for summer worship.
Open daily 9.00am-5.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.