St Maur's Glencairn Parish Church, Kilmaurs
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: St Maur’s Glencairn Parish Church , Kilmaurs , KA3 2NW
Local Authority: East Ayrshire
There has been a worshipping community in Kilmaurs since 868AD. The present church building underwent a major reconstruction in 1888. Cruciform in shape, the simple beauty of the church is enhanced with four fine stained glass windows. The Glencairn aisle is attached to the rear of the church. This has important connections to Robert Burns.
Sunday: 11.00am; 2.oopm on 1st Sunday of month @ St Maur’s Gardens
Open by arrangement
Contact St Maur's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.