Designed in 1837 by William Robertson in Gothic Revival manner, extended and given a new altar and reredos with carved figures and mosaics by W L Carruthers in 1893. Re-ordering of the Sanctuary area with installation of a new altar, reliquary and tiled flooring, 2014.
Redecoration and new stained glass window installed to mark the Millennium and the Great Year of Jubilee. The enhancement of the sanctuary with new stained glass and an icon of the Presentation of the Child was completed in 2015. To mark the 400th anniversary of the martyrdom of St John Ogilvie in 2015, a new statue has been installed.
Saturday Vigil Mass 6.00 pm, Sunday 11 am and 6.30 pm, Polish Mass 1.00 pm
Open daily, summer 9.00am-6.00pm, winter 9.00am-3.00pm
Contact St Mary's RC Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.