Built in 1846 in Early English style, this is the second-oldest Catholic church in Lanarkshire after St Margaret’s, Airdrie. St Mary’s is a much-loved building with the parishioners. The beautiful stained glass and woodwork provide a tranquil setting for the celebration of the church’s liturgy.
Saturday Vigil 6.00pm, Sunday 10.00, 11.30am, 6.00pm; weekdays 10.00am
Open weekdays 9.30am-2.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.