St Mary’s was designed in 1914 by Peter MacGregor Chalmers in Romanesque style. The cruciform church was built of honey-coloured Auchenheath sandstone. Three stained glass windows, 1923, commemorate the founding minister; three, by Gordon Webster, 1968, depict Christ the Carpenter, four saints, and tell the story of the church. Allen Q-345 organ, 2007.
Sunday: 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.