The foundation stone for this Gothic chapel was laid in 1825, four years before Catholic emancipation. The Architect was J Gillespie Graham after a design by Bishop James Kyle. Pretty stone façade with pinnacled buttresses, traceried windows and delicate parapet above the central door. Chancel added 1905. Beautifully sculpted cream stone altar.
Saturday Vigil 5.00 pm;
Sunday 12 noon
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.