This church was built in 1880 by the generosity of the later Bishop Chinery-Haldane and his wife. The church was designed by Alexander Ross in a simple Gothic style with a nave and chancel, a south porch and a spired bellcote on the west gable. The font, 1890, is of red Peterhead granite in memory of Mrs Burns Macdonald, descendant of an old Glencoe family; the oak font cover was added in 1935. The exquisite gilded wooden altar and reredos were gifted in 1920 by Lord & Lady Strathcona and family in memory of their mother. There are stained glass windows in memory of the first Rector, Mr MacPherson (1882-1888) and The Rev Alexander MacInnes, Rector 1891-1933.
Sunday 11.30 am
Open during daylight hours
Contact St Mary's Episcopal Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.