Eskadale Church is a listed building grade II. Built in 1826 by the 14th Lord Lovat 34 years after the Catholic Relief Act. In 1881 an annex was added with traceried window and encaustic floor tiles Peter Paul Pugin. The reredos carvings behind the main altar with sumptuous materials were carved by R L Boulton of Cheltenham – 1881. The Organ: unaltered, mechanical action Certificate Grade II is listed in the Institute’s Reg. of Historic Pipe Organs. Major roof repairs in 2006 – architect was Andrew Wright, chartered architect and heritage consultant. Lovat family graveyard to the west of the church. The contemporary stable to accommodate horses ridden by those attending Mass, 50 metres to the west of the church, is an unusual feature.
Mass: 4.00 pm on the second Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.