Built as the chapel for Dalkeith Palace in 1843 by William Burn and David Bryce, chapel and transept Arthur W Blomfield, 1890. Early English style with splendid features: double hammerbeam roof, stained glass windows by Ward & Nixon of London, heraldic floor tiles by Minton, oak choir stalls by William Butterfield and water-powered organ by David Hamilton of Edinburgh, installed 1845.
Open on Sunday 2.00-4.00pm July and August or by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.