The building, designed by Richard Curran of Warrington, was opened in 1901; unusual interior design is due to the fact that it is a former collegiate chapel. The walls originally had painted decoration, but in 1911 were lined with marble. At the same time were added the reredos and baldacchino in carved wood with its figures of the Scottish patron saints, Andrew and Margaret. The church also has fine stained glass windows. The Blairs Museum is adjacent to the chapel.
The chapel is open when Blairs Museum is open: April to October, Saturdays, Sundays and local holiday Mondays between 2 and 5 pm
Contact St Mary's Chapel, Blairs.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.