St Mary’s began its life in 1907 in Ranfurly Castle Hotel, where a small group of Episcopalians joined together for a monthly service. Then towards the end of 1908, a site was given to the church – which explains why St Mary’s is “The little white church in the wood” – and a foundation stone was laid in January 1909. The church was dedicated by Bishop Archibald Campbell on May 1st that same year.
Contact St Mary the Virgin, Bridge of Weir.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.