Constructed 1453 as a collegiate church and parish church with the nave divided between the two. Unified at the Reformation and restored 1888-89 by Thomas Saunders Robertson. During the restoration, oak board paintings of the Crucifixion and of saints and rood screen doors dating from from the pre-Reformation church of the 15th century. Stained glass commemorates the Gray family which founded the church. Cross-slab gravestone in graveyard.
Sunday 10.00 am in 2014 – January, March, April, July, September & November
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.