After the repeal of the Penal Laws, an Episcopal place of worship was built at Dens of Mayen. The present church was built in Aberchirder in 1824, under the auspices of Bishop Jolly, making St Marnan’s one of the oldest churches in the Diocese. It is a single-storey, rectangular-plan chapel on rising ground, with a free-standing single storey former school to the north-east. The interior was recast by Alexander Ross in 1876. Whitewashed walls, coffered, wooden pitched roof. Pre-Raphaelite School stained glass in south window signed Jones and Willis, 1895/6, Crucifixion and Resurrection, as memorial to Rev G Boyes.
9.00 am, 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month
Key from Rectory 01542 882782
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.