Early Gothic 1878 by Lewis Shanks, brother of one of the local millowners. The chancel was added in 1910 by Alexander Hislop. Outstanding stained glass by J S Melville & J Stewart 1900, Herbert Hendrie 1931, William Wilson 1946, Gordon Webster 1956. Descriptive booklet by Maurice L Gaine 1996.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.