Opened for worship by the Rev John Wesley on 6 May 1772. Built in the octagonal style favoured by Wesley, this is the only one of these churches left in Scotland. Known as the ‘Totum Kirkie’ – probably due to its shape bring similar to the four- or six-sided top or totum spun in games of chance. Remodelled and porch and vestibule added 1883. The Lifeboat Window is a Memorial to the loss of the Lifeboat Robert L Lindsay and six crew members in 1953. Old Manse adjacent to church.
Sunday: 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.