Originally built, in 1870, for the United Presbyterian Church, King’s Park Church became a United Free Church in 1900, then united with St John’s Free Church in 1912, becoming Church of Scotland in 1929. The architect was R Thornton Shiells who designed the large, square-plan church with its 140-ft spire. The church hall and flat were constructed in 1950s. The four stained-glass windows in the west elevation are worthy of note and are by William Wilson, 1939. The gallery inside is supported on cast-iron columns. The organ on the south wall has a built-in pulpit below.
Sunday 11.00 am and 6.00 pm (contemporary worship)
Open by arrangement
Contact St John's & King's Park Church, Dalkeith.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.