Built 1830-40, to an Italianate design by Patrick Wilson, remodelled and enlarged by Thomas Mackenzie, 1844. The building has been beautified over the years including the laying of mosaic tiles throughout the chancel and aisles. The frontage is adorned with a wheel window, the entrance sheltered by an arcaded logia and flanked by a campanile. A large canvas in the apse 1906 and mural behind the font, 1911, are the work of William Hole RSA.
Sundays: 8.00am, 10.00am.
Open daylight hours (or key at Rectory).
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.