Situated in a prominent position facing Loch Leodamais in the planned village of Port Ellen, its rubble stone a contrast to the white-harled houses. Small, single-storey rectangular plan, Arts & Crafts church of individual design by Syndey Mitchell, 1898. Broached spire. Carved oak font, lectern and communion table with gothic panels. Lancet windows with foliated tracery. Stained glass: Christ the Good Shepherd and fishing and harvest scenes, unknown artist.
Sunday 11.30am and 7.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.